Booklovers Holiday Quiz
Try our holiday quiz and then test your friends. 20 questions on recently published books. Answers given below or use the bookstore search engine.
1. Who is the police Inspector in the crime novel featuring the village of Three Pines?
2. What book is about a maid who shoots her employer on his doorstep?
3. How many temples are there in the Shikoku Pilgrimage ( the “Henro Michi”)?
4. What are the recent books written by past or present Prime Ministers?
5. What detective series features an overweight, turban wearing, chain smoking Inspector? Where does he live?
6. Where is the setting for Alice Munro’s short stories in “Dear Life”?
7. Who won the Giller prize this year? What was the book?
8. What two books recently appeared about NDP stalwarts?
9. What famous book is set in New Zealand in the 1800’s?
10. Which crime series is set around Palermo, Sicily and features Sicilian cuisine?
11. What did the hundred year old man do?
12. Who made an unlikely Pilgrimage?
13. What is the Rosie Project?
14. Who wrote “The War that ended the Peace”?
15. Where is the No1 Ladies Detective Agency set?
16. What shopping does Susan Delacourt describe?
17. In local author Barabara Fradkin’s Mysteries, who are the Inspector and the Staff Sergeant?
18. What did the Road do in Mary Lawson’s latest novel?
19. What Nation features in Joseph Bryden’s “The Orenda”?
20. What is the title of Margaret Atwood’s third volume of her dystopian trilogy?
All 20 correct: Book-loving Champion (but you should get out more)
15-19: Qualified for a job in a Bookstore
10-14: You must be one of our highly valued customers
5-9: The store re-opens on Dec 27th
0-4: You have a great reading opportunity ahead.
1. Chief Inspector Gamache in Louise Penny’s “How the light gets in”:
2. “The Massey Murder” by Charlotte Gray
3. “The Way of the 88 Temples” by Robert Sibley
4. (a)”A great game” by Stephen Harper (b) “How we lead: Canada in a century of change” by Joe Clark
5. Inspector Singh Investigates. He is based in Singapore. Series by Shamini Flint.
6. SW Ontario
7. Lynn Coady for “Hellgoing”
8. (a) Sven Robinson “A life in Politics” (b) “Building the Orange Wave” by Brad Lavigne
9. “The Luminaries” by Eleanor Catton; Booker Prize winner
10. The Inspector Montalbano Series by Andrea Camilleri
11. “climbed out of the window and disappeared” by Jonas Jonasson
12. Harold Fry. (author Rachel Joyce)
13. The scientific search for the perfect partner. Novel by Graeme Simsion
14. Margaret MacMillan
15. Botswana: Series by McCall-Smith
16. “Shopping for votes”
17. Inspector Michael Green and Staff Sergeant Brian Sullivan
18. “Road Ends”